Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Matching headbands for the mittens. Now I will definately have to finish the other mitten....Just hope I haven't used too much yarn for the Calorimetry. Had to go double strands to make it work and I reduced the number of stitches cast-on (92 & 88 respecively). I also changed the short row interval to 6 stitches (rather than 4) on the second one to make it a bit narrower. Both are perfect on the girls and I could even borrow if I wanted to. I guess I'll have to get some more Noro to make a matching one for me. Or if you have any other fun yarn ideas for me, please share!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Pattern: My own, sketched on graph paper. to be scanned at a later date.
Yarn: elann.com Peruvian Highland Silk, Antique Blue, elann.com Peruvian Luxury Merino Superwash in Regency Rose & Devon Cream.
Needles: size US3 40" circular needle for cuffs, finger tips and thumbs. Size US4 32" circular for stranded hand.
Construction: One Mitten on one circular. 42 stitches around (21 on each side). Worked from cuff to finger with an afterthought thumb.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
I tried something new. The first pair I just started as if I were doing socks, starting at the cuff. Then stuck in the waste yarn for the thumb. I did these one at a time and learned new things all along the way. I even grabbed some graph paper and sketched a diagram for the stranding work on one mitten.
Pattern: My own modification of Corazon (see chart below).
Monday, October 15, 2007
Ahhhh...wait.....wait....wait......there we go, that's better, a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and a coors light. Much better, now back to blogging. :-)
First I made a bag with a pattern and fabric I had purchased more than a year ago. Ugh. silly non-functional bag. Felt more like quilting than making a bag. So, I decided to make something more useful. Using an old bag, some things I read on the web and scratch paper, this is what I came up with:
Oops forgot a photo of the matching tissue holder.
Then I went on to knit some doll sweaters:
Ignore the sloppy heart, as the pattern was written bottom up (I did top down) and I don't have much experience yet with lace work or travelling stitches. And the cardi on the right is still missing buttons.
And lastly I made more bags, stitch markers and then along came the SockWars. Wow, what an exciting mind game. I was busy most of Saturday and just when Mom was going to take the kids out of my hair for few hours I got a message from my assassin that she was ready to mail my socks to me. Well, that took the wind right out of my sails. Talk about Psyched out! A dead stop with only the cuff and 2 scar repeats done. Then a couple of good friends encouraged me to continue, and I realized that I really wanted to send the package to my target myself. AND, here it is Monday afternoon, I have not yet been assassinate, and my personal package has been sent express to Texas! That feels good.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Sunday, October 7, 2007
This was an enjoyable carry-along project.
It is a shorter scarf, which works well for me, as I am not into all the wrapping, just grab and tuck and ready to go. I had purchased a ball of Noro Kureyon on sale and added the purple stripes and viola. The inspiration is from brooklytweed, Jared's Noro Striped Scarf.
Pattern: k1 x p1, slip 1st and last on even rows only. 4 rows alternating between yarns.
Yarn: 1 Skien Noro Kureyon color #102, 1+10g Skien KnitPicks "Wool of the Andes" color Amethyst Heather.
Needle: Size 8. I used Denise circular, although this is (obviously) not knit in a circle.
Now just need to wait till winter. Next .... a pair of mittens.
Friday, October 5, 2007
This one will take me MONTHS to make. But I think it will be gorgeous. *fingers crossed*. I am using Karabella Vintage Cotton at 26 sts/ 4" with a US3 circular needle. Pattern is Knitting Pure & Simple # 9726 "Neckdown Pullover Tunic". Converted to accomodate the different gauge. The interesting part has been the row gauge. I have converted stitch gauge before and had no issues, but when I started this pattern it was evident immediately (about 10 rows in) that it was not going to work. So I frogged it and instead of increasing every other row, I am increasing every 4th row. This seems to be working much better. Since the pattern does not give a row gauge, I am going by guesswork and crossed fingers that it will work. I am hoping that when I get to the point of dividing for the sleeves, I should be able to tell if I did right or not.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
And the bear rug is just too cute to not keep in the post. I won this little rug in a raffle at a Race at Mount Ascutney, VT. Great run and lots of prizes. I had forgotten all about this win. As I usually don't win anything. It doesn't really fit in my homes decor, but I'm proud of it none the less. And it sits at the sunny back slider, welcoming home playful feet of all kinds.