Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Photo sharing time...

I love this log cabin quilt. I made this well before my twins were born. But because I hand stitch my quilts it takes a long time. I used to love the cold winters in Ottawa Canada (I lived there for 4 years before my girls were born) only to sit in the evenings with a quilt draped over me. My Honey and I would watch a film while I hand stitched the quilt. Next I had children and then I found knitting ... the rest is history. Well, I have decided that this quilt is going on the bed, pin basted and all!

And speaking of beds....my twin girls can sometimes be so very different! Catherine likes (or so she says) her bed a mess, but Sarah loves to "set up" her bed every morning. Pooh Bear, Pup and all. Too sweet, I love them!






4 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

so sweet!
your quilt is fabulous!

Pat said...

Log cabin quilts are my very favorite!
(maybe you should finish it on the machine :-)

Cinnamonamon said...

I always liked my bed a mess, too! Everything within reach when I was cuddled up all nice & warm! :D Love the quilt (and the safety pins have me rofl).

Elinor said...

WOW! This is beautiful!!!! I wish I could quilt. I'm working on a very simple quilt in 6 strips and it's so intimidating!