Wednesday, May 7, 2008

PinkOnes by Jeanie Townsend

These are a test knit. The pattern is only the leg. I "winged" the rest.
The foot did not come out as I envisioned it, but I am hoping Jeanie will complete the pattern one day (as I am not a pattern writer!)
Although I love my heel design. I did the usual sl1 k1 heel stitch, but on the return instead of purling the row I purled the purl sts and knit the slipped stitches. It seems to fit well with the moss stitch pattern of the rest of the sock. I'm pleased with that part.
Pattern: PinkOnes by Jeanie Townsend
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential in color Coral
Needles: US1.5/2.5mm 32" Harmony circular
Construction: I reduced the number of stitches from 72 to 64.
The pattern stitches remained the same with the reduction occurring in the moss stitch,
so no problemo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the heel goes well with the rest of the sock. I couldn't tell that was coral yarn, it looked pink. I just traded some KP for a set of coral KP sock.

You could probably come up with the rest of the pattern. You did that awesome sweater without a regular pattern.

Anonymous said...

You are incredible ! mom.

Cinnamonamon said...

the heel is great with the moss! :) Love the sweater on your little one; looks like the extra length will keep it wearable for quite a while. :) It's very pretty!