Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm slowing down...

Sock #12 for the Summer of Socks 2008.

Pattern : Vinnland by Becca Compton
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in Fuscia
Needles: US1 (2.25mm) Knit Picks 32" circular
Construction: I used Judy's Magic toe for the CO (rather than a short row toe).
This pattern would be better (I think) with a gusset/heel flap, rather than a short row heel, as the sock gets a bit tight over the ankle at that point. This was a fun knit, with long memorizable repeats that make the sock seemingly go so quickly.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

now granted...i didn't get 12 pairs done but i'm beginning to slow down too :-) they're great socks though!

Anonymous said...

SLowing down is good. Those are beautiful and very juicy looking. Maybe when you step down it will be like pressing grapes. ;0)

Anonymous said...

Ooo -- Lots of socks! You do some lovely work! Hope you don't mind if I add you to my BlogRoll on my blog, so I can keep track of all the sock-goodness!

And the picture of you and your honey -- just perfect! =)

Jill L said...

you seem speedy to me -- I have only finished one pair!

Yours are beauties!

Ann said...

12 socks & you are slowing down - that's already a record for me. Anyway, I love the socks - great pattern & you should knit on as I really enjoy reading about your sock knitting.

a friend to knit with said...

12 pairs! amazing. these are gorgeous.