Sunday, June 10, 2007

Getting ready for vacation


Since we leave on a 2 week driving holiday on June 18th I am trying to get a few "travel size" projects ready to take along. I started a white cardigan, which I think I will enjoy when it is done. It is quite different than anything I have done to date. It is all with an interesting ribbing, and I am actually working it back and forth. But I still had to make a few changes. Why would anyone write a pattern than is 60% purl when all you have to do is reverse the knits and it can be 60% knits and still looks exactly the same? And much more pleasant to work. Especially since I really dislike purling at almost all costs. But this patter is fun. It switches around often enough to not be annoying. I could never knit a whole row of purls (that's why I have taken a liking to steeking).

I haven't decided yet what I am going to do when I get to the arm hole shaping. Should I just continue as one piece and steek the arm holes, or when I get to the arm holes just bite the bullet and work the rest as 3 separate pieces? Any suggestions? I really can't decide.

Here are 2 pics of my girls first finished knitting projects. Both with help from Mommy and both as gifts for new babys. They like to give gifts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you already have the girls knitting - that is great. The little booties and hat are adorable. As far as your sweater questions....I have no idea - I think you are ahead of me on sweater knitting...certainly in modifying patterns! What is the sweater pattern??