Friday, March 7, 2008

Ann Budd's Lace-Cuff Anklets

Pattern: Lace-Cuff Anklets by Ann Budd, from Interweave Knits Favorite Socks.
Yarn: America's Alpaca, Classic Alpaca (mustard) and some Cashmerino DK (green)
Needle: 3.00mm 40" circular Addi Turbo
Construction: These were a nice quick knit. I used the green yarn behind the lace so the lacework would really show up. Alpaca is not very stretchy and I would not recommend it for socks.

Check out the crochet edging *pat self on back*, I love they way it came out. Although I had to read instructions on how to do it, something in the way back of my mind rang bells. I think my Mom must have taught me to crochet when I was a child. I don't recall anything specific, but the feel of the crochet needle in my hands was "familiar".

1 comment:

Cinnamonamon said...

I have that same feeling about crochet (the few times I've tried it in the last couple years). I do recall doing a lot of finger crocheting of chains & making weird braid things with yarn someone gave us as kids...

Your socks look cozy! :)