Sunday, September 21, 2008

Spring Pools

My new passion has become designing my own socks. It is more difficult than it looks, but the final product is reward in itself.
Pattern: Spring Pools by Linda Fisher
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Peach
Needles: US2 (2.75mm) Knit Picks Harmony circular needles
Construction: Lots of fun with something to do every row.


I love these socks.
You might remember these original socks done in Cherry Tree Hill SuperSock Merino with different colored toe/heel/cuff. These are so cozy comfy and warm.

This is my second pattern published, although it is my first pattern design! I put alot of work into this pattern and have even had some wonderful test knitters!
Christy and Tammy. Thank you so much for your support in publishing this pattern!
I hope you all will give it a try and let me know how you enjoy it.

Here are some comments recieved:
“I tried the sock on and I really like the way it looks! The foot part was the challenge for me since I’ve never done toe up socks before. But your pattern was easy to follow and now I feel like a pro! I love the way the toe looks!”

“The pattern is quite fun with stuff to do every row. No sleeping on the job here.”


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a test knitter I would have to say a very fun pattern that keeps you busy.. Try this pattern she has done a great job.

Anonymous said...

Just look at those Ravelry queues and favorites - you've got a winner for sure - They are gorgeous Linda!!!

Cinnamonamon said...

They're so pretty in pink! It's funny how the blue give off a "cozy" vibe & the pink a sweet one...or maybe it's late & I'm slow -- in any case...well done & congrats!

Tammy said...

They are gorgeous! Thanks again for letting me test knit for you. This was a fun pattern to do!

Ann said...

The socks are gorgeous & thanks so much for sharing the pattern. It's so great that you are designing socks & I am sure with your talent, we will be seeing lots of fantastic designs. Happy designing.

Unknown said...

Linda, these socks are excellent. Not just the stitch pattern but the colour too. You are quite right, great fun to design your own.