Yarn: KnitPicks Essential Tweed in Inca Gold and Flint
Needles: 3.0mm (Addi turbo) & 3.25mm (knitpicks Harmony) circular.
- I had a bit of trouble with the Italian cast-on, There must be a better way.
- Loved the tubular cast-off, especially after finding the best summarized instructions here.
- I think these came out a bit loose, but I think the person intended to receive them has slightly large hands than I.
- I think the pattern could be done with about 3 less repeats on the arm. I can't immagine trying to shove these long arm covers under the long sleeves I would be wearing. Although they do look elegant without sleeves.
- I would not recommend using a tweed to do color work. The tweedy nubs tend to take away from the design.
- All in all, I am quite happy with the end result of these! They seemed to take forever, as just 4 rows would take about an hour, but should be a nice gift.
Pattern: Plain foot, purled gusset, 2x2 ribbed leg
Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes. (Mom bought this at 60% off)
Needles: 3.0mm Addi Turbo 40"circular
Just your basic sock, but I bet these will be nice and warm!