Friday, August 24, 2007

Knit Markers?


I have always used either scrap yarn or hair elastics for knit markers. Well, I have had a couple of days to myself and have spent them mostly knitting. It really has been relaxing and wonderful, and yet a bit frustrating. That stems from spending hours knitting and not really finishing anything....Although I did finish a pair of little girl socks for Catherine. She is not here to model them, so I'll just have to wait for a photo. Anyway, today I needed to do something else. I knitted some this morning and have spent the rest of the day running errands and making knit markers. I adore them! Check these out. It was FUN.
Now I need to go and get the oil changed in the car, and I look forward to using my new knit markers. Oh yes, the top set will be a gift for my Mother, who is from Sweden. The Swedish colors are Blue and Yellow, and these markers are a lovely set of blue stones with yellow glass beads on either end, except for one which usually needs to be different to act as a begin marker. I hope she likes them!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! I have 1 set of "real" markers and have never used them - I still use tiny yarn circles. Maybe I should pull them out and give the real thing a try!
I have a few moments this morning with everyone gone - it's quite nice!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitch markers! I still use scraps of yarn, much less dainty!