Monday, October 22, 2007

And now back to my real life....

OK, I spent too much time on this, and there is one glaring mistake (kids won't notice), but one mitten is done and I do like it. (oops not quite done, still needs a thumb). Although this is all the knitting I can do today, I just had to post after all that hard work.
It is funny how the rose pink looks red, but it is the same pink as the previous mittens. These will be the warmest mittens ever, with 3 strands all around the hand.

Pattern: My own, sketched on graph paper. to be scanned at a later date.
Yarn: elann.com Peruvian Highland Silk, Antique Blue, elann.com Peruvian Luxury Merino Superwash in Regency Rose & Devon Cream.
Needles: size US3 40" circular needle for cuffs, finger tips and thumbs. Size US4 32" circular for stranded hand.
Construction: One Mitten on one circular. 42 stitches around (21 on each side). Worked from cuff to finger with an afterthought thumb.

3 comments:

Cinnamonamon said...

Look at you! You're a mitten-makin' machine! ;) Love the pun in your last post. I'm jealous of your stranding work; I've yet to *really* try fair isle (and with 3 colors -- wow!).

I'm off to knit my next pair of sock wars socks; but I might have gauge issues; the yarn I received is sock weight! hmmm...we'll see how that turns out.

Anonymous said...

Must not be too glaring - I don't see it!

Anonymous said...

Found it!