Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Calorimetry for the knitters slump


Matching headbands for the mittens. Now I will definately have to finish the other mitten....Just hope I haven't used too much yarn for the Calorimetry. Had to go double strands to make it work and I reduced the number of stitches cast-on (92 & 88 respecively). I also changed the short row interval to 6 stitches (rather than 4) on the second one to make it a bit narrower. Both are perfect on the girls and I could even borrow if I wanted to. I guess I'll have to get some more Noro to make a matching one for me. Or if you have any other fun yarn ideas for me, please share!

2 comments:

Cinnamonamon said...

Pretty! *Now* I can see the pink in the blue one; it did look really red before! You have a leg up on me, I haven't even started winter mittens, yet!

Anonymous said...

I really like the Calorimetry headbands - totally practical and pretty too! Your girls are going to look so cute in their matching winter gear!
I gotta go finish my socks because the new kit from STR is due to arrive today and I think I'm going to like this one.(but I have to pay bills, do last nights dishes, and take an online CEU course first :-(